Similar to our two highest rated vendors, Vanguard and Fidelity, Aspire allows you to construct a fully diversified portfolio with low cost funds. Unfortunately, Aspire adds on a 0.15% Assets Under Management fee. The addition of this fee is why we consider Aspire to be the 4th best vendor available.
Portfolios and Fees
Three Fund Portfolio
Over 30 years the roughly 0.208% annual fee costs you 9.02% of your real profits.
- Vanguard Total Stock Market (VTSAX)
- 0.04% fee per year (expense ratio)
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market (VTIAX)
- 0.11% fee per year (expense ratio)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market (VBTLX)
- 0.05% fee per year (expense ratio)
One Fund Portfolio
Over 30 years the 0.26% – 0.30% annual fee costs you 11.22% – 12.89% of your real profits.
- Vanguard Target Retirement Funds (VTTSX, VTXVX, etc)
- 0.13% – 0.15% fee per year (expense ratio)
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Funds (VASIX, VASGX, etc)
- 0.11% – 0.14% fee per year (expense ratio)
- $40 per year to maintain an account.
- 0.15% assets under management yearly fee.
Notes on Fee Calculations
- Assumes a 6% market return and a 3% inflation rate.
- Assumes the following allocation:
- 52.5% domestic stocks.
- 22.5% international stocks.
- 25% bonds.
- Ignores the flat $40 annual fee.